KUALA LUMPUR, July 14 — Any merchandising and sale of non-alcoholic liquor or non-alcoholic beer need to be discontinued for fear that it will depart a bad impact, especially on younger human beings.
Malaysian Islamic Youth Movement (Abim) president Mohamad Raimi Ab Rahim said the sale of such beverages became not suitable to be made in public for the gain of the entire network.
He stated alcohol manufacturers have to don’t forget religious sensitivity in selling their merchandise despite the fact that Malaysia is a multi-racial us of a.
“By proper groups like Heineken want to be extra sensitive in selling its products, although it has stated that the goal is non-Muslim young adults, it’s miles still deceptive,” he told Bernama, whilst commenting on the issue of the sale of Heineken’s new non-alcoholic malt beverage, which has caused protests from Muslim quarters within the united states of America, who talked about that such drinks could confuse young Muslims.
Mohamad Raimi absolutely supported the statement via Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Dr. Mujahid Yusof Rawa nowadays, who pressured that the production of such products could now not simplest mislead Muslims, however, became also not a smart circulate.
Commenting in addition, he hoped that the government could empower efforts to prohibit the sale of non-halal products in regions in which the general public of the populace had been Muslims.
Mohamad Raimi stated Muslims inside the united states have been additionally suggested to avoid such merchandise, particularly non-halal beverages.
In a more and more difficult community scenario with diffusion of food and beverage merchandise and attractive promotional methods, Muslims must be careful no longer to be easily deceived.
“If we recognize the manufacturer of a beverage also manufactures alcoholic liquids, then it’s far quality to avoid the product. Products which includes a non-alcoholic drink (by means of beer producers) could be very deceptive,” he brought and was hoping that the merchandising of such drinks can be stopped without delay.
Heineken Malaysia Berhad, in a declaration, said the previous day that the sale of its new non-alcoholic malt beverage, Heineken 0.0, is aimed closer to non-Muslims handiest, adding that the product becomes no longer halal.
Meanwhile, the Malaysian Youth Council (MBM) president Jufitri Joha also was hoping that extra people would be sensitive to the sale of Heineken 0. Zero which carries the tagline ‘Now You Can’, because it could be confusing.
“(This) specifically for the more youthful era due to the fact the tagline ‘Now You Can’ seems to indicate that it became not possible before but it’s miles now because there’s no alcohol,” he stated.
MBM additionally advised reasonably-priced alcohol now not to be sold at convenience stores such as 7-Eleven because it would be easy to buy and be fed on by using all of us.
“We do no longer want negative elements to steer the more youthful era, and we do no longer need it to be a lifestyle and a dependency to the more youthful era, Muslims and non-Muslims.
If it is now not as simple as pronouncing No Thanks, there are various tactics. Among them, you can:
– Make it a point whilst you are out socially, to reserve an undeniable soda with a twist extra regularly than an actual drink; perhaps an orange juice with ice or a Virgin Mary (a Bloody Mary without the Vodka). It seems like a cocktail even looks like one, and might help you sense much less conspicuous.
Plus, regardless of only an actual drink each few, you may take in less alcohol, and deliver your body returned the water its miles losing while you drink alcohol (4 instances as lots water as you uptake is misplaced through the diuretic effect of alcohol). And you may be training your self, and your body, to drink less.
– Keep little (or higher yet no) alcohol at home; ease the temptation of consuming in isolation, or having that first drink “only for the hell of it”. If you DO hold alcohol at home for site visitors, stock the types you don’t like so that you may not reach for them as easily.
If you find your self reaching for them anyway, this is a strong indication that slicing down for your personal could show too difficult.
– Instead of sports that usually contain drinkings, like Monday Night Football on the sports activities bar or Ladies’ Night drink specials, try the use of the time for something non-alcohol related, like seeing a film, calling a protracted-ago pal for a cellphone communication, or take to the interest bench for some hours.
– Don’t socialize with individuals who encourage you to drink more than you need to. We all want to have an excuse for our conduct whilst it isn’t always what we meant; take away that obstacle.
Your consuming friends might need to encourage you actually to justify their very own consuming habits. Don’t be the enabler for others, and do not allow them to permit you.
– Put yourself in social conditions that do not call for drinking. Go clothes buying, test-power the automobile you will purchase with the financial savings from consuming much less, take the youngsters out for a meal, volunteer.
– If you sense like drinking for no cause, scale down it by taking a walk, a run, a bike ride, or a work out.
– If it’s fine out, find a park bench and read a ebook. If it is nasty, build a fireplace, make some tea, and do your analyzing inner.