Are you someone who works out frequently but gets a massage only occasionally, if at all? If so, you do a disservice to your body and your workouts. Anyone who works out four or more days a week should have an every two weeks deep tissue massage. If not, then your muscles are going to be tight, and your workouts will suffer.
A Deep Tissue Massage’s top five advantages include:
1. Better workouts.
Relaxed, less tense muscles during your exercises can allow you a greater range of motion. Your body would be much more effective at muscle building and calorie burning.
2. A relaxed state of mind.
Research has shown that massage helps lower stress hormone levels while enhancing the “feel good” neurotransmitters like dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins at the same time.
3. Better sleep.
Regular massage will not only make you feel healthy, but you’ll also sleep better because of less pain and a serotonin boost.
4. Eliminate Pain.
Deep tissue massage will work out the knots from strained, overworked muscles and connective tissue (fascia) to soothe acute pain, as well as chronic joint and muscle pain. It also facilitates quicker healing through
improved blood flow and decreased inflammation.
5. Improve Overall Health.
- As well as enhancing muscle and tissue health, deep tissue massage has a beneficial effect on your overall health by lowering blood pressure and improving lung function. Want to get the most out of your deep tissue massage? Follow those tips.
- Let’s hydrate! Hydration makes the muscle tissue stronger and easier to massage, so make sure to drink plenty of water before massaging. Massage is very dehydrating like any sort of exercise, so be sure to drink plenty of water after your massage.
- Don’t work excessively much after your deep tissue massage. If you don’t attempt another physical exercise after your massage, the benefits of a deep tissue massage can last a lot longer. Deep tissue massage will tax your muscles, and you’re going to burn extra calories because you’re going to rotate your muscles during massage. Rest at least 12 hours before the next workout session.
- Optimize the benefits of massage by including additional after-massage healing tools. Using the infrared Sauna, Contrast (hot/cold) tubs generator protocol, and Normatec compression boots/sleeves to increase your recovery. You’ll feel better the next time you work out and see a noticeable performance improvement.
- Schedule a 75-90 minute massage every 2 weeks with the best chiropractor in Singapore to help keep muscles loose so you can work harder and stay pain-free.
Continue working hard and challenge yourself, but don’t ever forget to recover. Adding a daily deep tissue massage to your recovery routine will keep you feeling fit, healthy, and prepared to take on your next challenge.